Beth sent me an e-mail with an update on her husband Tom's condition. You can see the original request below. Here is the update: Grateful to God am I that Tom celebrated his 67th birthday last week. His diabetic health remains a continuing concern. Tom's journey to a kidney transplant stalled when a routine blood test indicated the possibility of prostate cancer. Mercifully, following three months of medication and a biopsy, Tom is cancer-free (he will be monitored for an enlarged prostate). Now he is back on the transplant track, this week undergoing a day of cardiac testing at with a consultation to follow. God has touched our son's heart; he will be tested as a living donor for his father.
Again, thank you, Charlotte and Spiritual Sunday followers, for your prayers. Please know that we remember you in our prayers. I believe with all my heart that all things are working together for Tom's highest good.
Please pray for Anita. She was recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease and found out she has actually had it for over a year which makes treatment more difficult.
A Request from Anne: I am asking for prayer for my daughter Noelle! When she took her job nearly two years ago she was wanting to move up into a better paying position She took the state test and became an agent for the ins. co. where she works. Her numbers have been so low and with the tough economy she can't get the sales she needs to keep the job. She is on a written warning and if she can not pull in the business she will lose her job come December. I ask that you all pray for her and pass this request on to someone else to pray too. Thank you all for being prayer warriors and thank you for always adding my requests to your prayers. - Anne
Request from Beth: My prayer request is for my husband (Tom) of 42 years. For many years Tom has been a diabetic and has managed his health successfully with medication and now insulin. For the last year his kidney function has deteriorated. The doctors have prescribed dialysis as a bridge to a kidney transplant. The transplantation team has told us that a living donor (possibly a family member) is the best choice; however only one of our two adult sons is a candidate (reluctant would best describe his attitude). l pray that God will change our son's heart. I pray that God will guide our family each step on this path. I am asking God for a miracle.
Please pray for Mary. She was admitted to the hospital with some sort of infection in her face and lymph nodes. Please pray for her. This request was made by her sister.
I received the following request from Derek. Please pray for his marriage.
"My wife wants a divorce. After affairs, drug and alcohol abuse I don't blame her. Trust has been broken, hope seems lost. We have a four year old, we still laugh and talk together, but are separated. The overwhelming and stomach wrenching constant sorrow destroys me. May God heal her, may she find forgiveness for me and fulfillment in God. May God heal this Marriage bringing it to new heights to reflect his glory. Please pray fervently fellow Christian, I beg you.thank you,
Another request: Hello and Blessings in the name of Jesus Christ,
My name is James and I need prayer for my health, I’m a type one diabetic and now have complications from this disease, my kidneys are shutting down, I’ve lost my right eye to it as well, it’s a burden I’ve had since 1976 and I feel if I don’t get help soon, its going to be my end.
Thanks for your time.
A request via e-mail: Husband, Steve, has been sick for a while. Diabetes, high blood pressure, itching (unexplained source) and infections. Please pray for his healing and that God will ignite a passion for Him. Also pray for healing of our family relationships.
Pray for Mike who has a rare cancer surrounding his lower spine. He is facing a very invasive surgery.
- Let's continue to pray for Charlie Grady who Kelee Katillac calls "Our little hero." He is still battling cancer.
- Pray for baby Keegan who was diagnosed with brain cancer at 7 ½ month old. Find out more about it at Beth and Ryan’s blog – “Karing for Keegan”.
- Shirley of Faith Family and Friends shared on her blog that her husband has recently been diagnosed with cancer. He is receiving treatment at a Cancer Center. Pray for this family.
- For Colletta who struggles with depression and anxiety.
- Pray for little Skyler who is valiantly fighting cancer. Here's his story: http://www.crystalandskyler.blogspot.com/ ~
- Pray for Shirley and her sister who had polio as children. As they are getting older they are again experiencing complications. Pray that Shirley's sister will come to Christ ~
- Renee~ she has pain all over because of Lyme Disease, please pray that the medication will help her with this pain~
- Colette~for her to recover 100% from her cancer~